Saturday, December 4, 2010

Heading Home

Gotta wake up at 4 AM for a flight to Shenzhen China, just outside Hong Kong. I have a 9 hour layover so I'm gonna shoot for the stars and go through passport control, immediately exit China and enter Hong Kong, take the long metro into the city proper, have lunch and run around, have an early dinner and a drink, shuttle back to the border, exit HK and enter China and catch the second leg onward to Shanghai.

And I just bought a $25 guitar. No idea how I'm going to carry it around.

I get into Shanghai around midnight and have three nights total before I'm back in the USA.

Vietnam has been better than expected. I got a haircut and pro shave (in
cluding mustachio trim) for $1.50 today and the people there gathered around to watch because my hairstyle is a little unorthodox to the Saigonese. Saigoneers?

Found out I had the name of that hackey sack shuttlecock game wrong. It's da cao. Sounds like da gao. But I kind of like 'hackey sack shuttlecock'. Might be the name of the next album.

I taught a couple impromptu English lessons last night in the park. Afraid I don't have time for much more than a couple beers tonight. Three new videos nearly finished too.

The guitar is awesome. The guy I bought it from built it by hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment