Friday, September 10, 2010

Breakthrough

I've had this song, it's over a year old now. Actually the backbone, a little arpeggio progression, is probably well over three or four years old. But the SONG came about two Mays ago.

Then it just sat there. I really liked the song. Figured it could be a single. I liked it a lot. I didn't want to mess it up. So I got scared, and whenever I tried to work on it I'd get frustrated. Then I stopped working on it altogether.

I almost finished it last night. I got sick of wanting it to be perfect. I just wanted to finish it. I want to move on to the next thing. So I worked and worked and tried a whole new direction. And it sounds great. I can't wait to finish it, and I know exactly how the rest of it is going to go. This is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment