Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It Worked! Again!


A week ago I said I was going into the studio to make up for lost time. It was the best thing I ever did.

I spent the whole night there (minus an hour eating a delicious carnitas burrito at poquito mas) with the explicit plan to write terrible, lame songs... as long as I wrote a lot of them. Using only my casio. And that's what I did. Seven fully fleshed out ideas and I like most of them a lot, surprisingly (or not so surprisingly). That kicked off a creative surge that is still ongoing - I've written a couple other songs and have spent a couple more nights at the studio recording and writing. I'll be there tonight for a few hours too.

And one of the songs I wrote is the greatest song I've ever written.

Jacquie may be succeeding in convincing me to split up the forthcoming EP into two separate albums. ASHES and Something to be Named Later. I just wrote out a possible tracklist for ASHES and it's 11 songs long. They ain't all making it.

Alright, here's one of those casio demos I did. Everything is recorded with an sm-58 picking up the sound from a PA. That's casio, vocals, everything through a PA. The whole thing was done in like 30 minutes. But I like it.

HUNTING BOW

No comments:

Post a Comment