Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Futility Quest

I still haven't written those two damn songs. Something always comes up. Last night I decided to make bagels on a whim. Not toast bagels... actually make them from scratch.

It's not about the songs, it's about the discipline. It's not easy. I'm a musician, yet I feel like I hardly ever write and record. Then again I've released six albums.

Today I have nothing planned except for seeing a show later in the evening. I'll have a couple hours free right after work. I already baked bagels so I can't use that as an excuse. I do need to work out (I might be running the Ninja Warrior course on Saturday... that's a whole other story) but that shouldn't take very long.

Oh, and then there's the issue of the next album. I've had a few songs finished for months, but then all my recording mojo flew out the window. I have a song that is a guaranteed single... and it's been in the same unfinished state for OVER A YEAR. I just can't figure out the ending. Then again I haven't sat down with it for more than 30 minutes.

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment