Friday, August 20, 2010


This picture has nothing to do with anything I'm writing.

I'm taking a trip. It will begin in early October, and end in late December. I have a lot to do in the next month.

One of those things is getting a new album out. Honestly, I don't know if I can do it. But I have to try. I'm already more than halfway there.

I have roughly 52 songs and demos in various states of completion, any one of which could end up on the album. Sometimes you can have too many options. This is what I've been struggling with all summer.

I have been doing more writing recently, and I've been working on a live set with the second official member of Lost on Purpose. We have a couple songs down and the harmonies are sounding incredible. We will start playing shows when I return. But for now I need to record this album. I need to make schedules. I can't afford to waste any free time. On top of this I still need to make several small trips for work, and will probably go on a small tour with my other band (The Ross Sea Party). I probably only have 35 days in Los Angeles from now til October.

Such is the life of an unknown musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment