Monday, April 23, 2007


Crap. I forgot to post something yesterday. I was on a four day streak.
I blame all the basketball I watched. The Cavs won more or less easily; it wasn't pretty but they clearly had the better players and even when it looked like Washington was on a tear the scoreboard never reflected it. I actually feel really bad for Washington - relieved, too - but no one deserves what happened to them. It would have been a great series.
Of course, the Cavs need to win three more games, and if they fail it will be one of the worst collapses in modern NBA history. This is constantly in the back of my mind.
I actually gave up on the season at the end; the Cavs looked destined for the 5th seed (after holding the 2nd all season) and I believe the Bulls are clearly the better team overall (again, see The Wages of Wins). So I was elated to find out that the Cavs won their last four games and the Bulls lost their final one to the Nets, resulting in a major change of fortune for both clubs. Now the Cavs have a cakewalk first round matchup and will get either the Nets or Raptors in the second roung - both of which are eminently beatable. Then it's always possible for fortune to smile again in the Conference finals vs either the Bulls or Pistons, given that the Cavs only need to win four games. There is hope yet.
I am listening to the new Arcade Fire album as I write this. It's not as good as Funeral, but I didn't expect it to be. Yet it's got some great songs (especially the first and third) and the production is beautiful - probably the best-sounding album I've heard in years. I wish my stuff sounded like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment