Tuesday, April 10, 2007


Three songs I've been listening to a lot recently:
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
NMH - Little Birds
A friend of mine had me listen to the Winehouse song on his ipod the other day and when it ended I immediately told him to burn it for me. I haven't reacted that strongly to a song in a long, long time. Just a perfect ode to 60s music stylings with a modern edge. And the hook is genius.
The Queen song needs no explanation.
The NMH song is rare. There's only one version and it's a live track and Magnum tells the audience that it's not even finished yet. But it feels finished, and it's haunting, scary, powerful and sobering all at once. Apparently it's the only known song after In the Aeroplane over the Sea. It's fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment