Thursday, May 31, 2007


It's been a few days since my last post due to factors such as the long weekend, the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals and the Arcade Fire show at the Greek last night. I want to say it was a great show, cause it probably was, but I was waaaaay in the back and the music was about as loud as a group of people talking. I am confident in that comparison because the group behind us had a dire need to entertain themselves - lots of bad jokes and stupid comments. They weren't even talking that loud, but they were drowning out the band. I'm just mad I missed Arcade Fire the first time around when they were supporting Funeral. My bad.

BIG Cavs game tonight. Huge. Although I am a realist, how awesome was Daniel Gibson on Tuesday? Unreal? Flabbergasting? He was sensational. Maybe the numbers won't prove it, but his play was electrifying, and it did sync up with an important Cavs' run while James was on the bench. Let's hope Hughes' foot is worse today. Sorry Larry.

My buddy at work was telling me all about the Kobe fiasco - apparantly he wants out of LA. I kept teasing my friend that, since Kobe can veto any trade and will therefore go where he wants, the Lakers might end up having to trade him for Hughes' massive contract plus spare parts from the Cavs. Hey, it could happen. If you're Kobe, and don't want to waste the rest of your prime, wouldn't you want to play with LeBron James? I will go on record saying it would be a guaranteed championship. The one thing the Cavs are missing is quality gaurds, and they have the contracts to make it work. I would even be willing (reluctantly) to include Varejao as a sign-and-trade to make it work. I'm going to pretend that this might happen for the next month. Danny Ferry should be on the phone with Kobe's agent Right Now.

I placed an email to the netlabel guy who is releasing the pre-EP for the new album. Waiting to hear from him; since it's all electronic we should be able to get the EP up real soon.

1 comment:

  1. I woke up with the power out, not really somethin to shout about. ice
    has covered up my parents hands, don't have any dreams don't have any
    plans. i went out into the night, i went out to find some light. kids
    are swingin from the power lines, nobody's home so nobody minds
    i woke up on the darkest night, neighbors all were shouting that they
    found the light - "we found the light." - shadows jumpin' all over my
    walls, some of them big, some of them small. i went out into the night
    i went out to pick a fight with anyone. light a candle for the kids,
    jesus christ don't keep it hid!
    ice has covered up my parents eyes, don't know how to see, don't know
    how to cry. growin' up in some strange storm, nobody's cold, nobody's
    warm. i went out into the night, i went out to find some light. kids
    are dyin' out in the snow, look at them go - look at them go!
    and the power's out in the heart of man, take it from your heart put
    it in your hand. what's the plan? what's the plan? is it a dream? is
    it a lie? i think i'll let you deceide. just light a candle for the
    kids, jesus christ don't keep it hid! cause nothing's hid, from us
    kids! you ain't foolin' nobody - with the lights out! and the power's
    out in the heart of man, take it from your heart put it in your hand.
    and there's something wrong in the heart of man, you take it from your
    heart and put it in your hand! where'd you go?!

    ReplyDelete